What size shin guard do I need for my height?
- Use your height along with our shin guard size chart to find your correct shin guard size. The larger the shin guard size, the longer and wider they are to accommodate larger leg diameters. Shin guards should fit from just above the bend of your ankle when you flex your foot to a couple of inches below the knee.
What size kickboxing shin guards do I need?
However, as a general guide, if you’re a smaller fighter ( Under 5’8 ) you can use a medium sized shin guard, large is for an average size range (roughly 5’8 to 6’0) and extra large for heavyweights. REMEMBER that the sizing varies depending on the length of your shin.
How do you measure shin guards for shins?
How to Buy Martial Arts Shin Guards
- Measure both shins with a flexible measuring tape beginning just under your knee and ending at the bend of the ankle.
- Compare your measurements with the size chart of the brand of shin guard you want.
Do you need shin guards for kickboxing?
When you first start to train Muay Thai and MMA you quickly realize that shin guards are an essential requirement to properly train. Whether you train Muay Thai or MMA, a great pair of shin guards are needed so that you can protect your feet, ankles, and shins while kicking.
How do I measure my shin?
To determine your size, measure the length of the shin when your leg is bent at a 90 degree angle from the center of the knee cap to the top of the boot of the skate. A proper fit enables the knee to sit directly in the center of the kneecap.
Which shin guard goes on which leg?
The best way to remember which shin guard goes on which leg is this: If the two shin guards are identical then it doesn’t matter which leg they go on. If one side of the shin guard is taller than the other, then place the tall side on the outside of your leg.
Should shin guards cover knees?
Make sure to read the size chart carefully to ensure a great fit. You’ll want your shin guards to cover most of the area between your ankle and knee. Shin guards should fit snugly and be at least 2″ below the knee.
Which shin guards are the best?
10 Best Soccer Shin Guards Product Reviews
- Adidas Ghost Pro Shin Guard. Buy Now ➜
- Mercurial Lite Soccer Shin Guard. Buy Now ➜
- Vizari Malaga Shin Guard.
- Nike Charge Shin Guards.
- Wilson Peewee Soccer Sock Guard.
- Wilson Hex Soccer Shin Guard.
- Dash Sport – The Best Kids Soccer Shin Guards.
- Franklin Sports Soccer Shin Guards.
Do socks go over or under shin guards?
Shin guards are worn under the socks, so don’t put them on yet. Position the shin guards correctly. Make sure they are centered on your shin, not off to the side. They should protect from your ankle to below your knee.
Do you wear shoes when kickboxing?
In most professional kickboxing, shoes are not worn. So generally authentic kickboxing is practiced barefoot, like most martial arts, but some gyms allow you to wear just socks. The problem is that socks don’t provide traction and it’s easy to slip and fall.
What are MMA Shin Guards for?
One of the most important pieces of safety equipment are MMA shin guards. They protect the leg below the knee, which martial artists use to kick or block kicks. Professionals and amateur martial arts athletes use the shin guard to avoid injuries such as shin fractures.
Is venum a good brand?
As far as product quality is concerned, it truly does not get any better than Venum. The company is consistently receiving praise for its excellent design, make, and materials used. With that in mind, any product you purchase from Venum will not disappoint.