What boxing weight am I? Find out what class you would be using our table
|Weight limit (lb / kg / stone)||Weight class|
|200 lb / 90.72 kg / 14 st 4||Cruiserweight|
|175 lb / 79.38 kg / 12 st 7||Light Heavyweight|
|168 lb / 76.2 kg / 12 st||Super Middleweight|
|160 lb / 72.56 kg / 11 st 7||Middleweight|
What is the meaning of weight class in boxing?
- Weight class (boxing) A weight class is a measurement weight range for boxers. The lower limit of a weight class is equal to the upper weight limit of the class below it. The top class, with no upper limit, is called heavyweight in professional boxing and super heavyweight in amateur boxing.
How do I know my boxing weight class?
In Olympic-style amateur boxing the weight divisions for men are:
- light flyweight, not more than 108 pounds (49 kg)
- flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
- bantamweight, 123 pounds (56 kg)
- lightweight, 132 pounds (60 kg)
- light welterweight, 141 pounds (64 kg)
- welterweight, 152 pounds (69 kg)
- middleweight, 165 pounds (75 kg)
What is the most common weight class in boxing?
1. Welterweight. That welterweight is the most competitive division in boxing is hardly news. Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather is the lineal champion there.
What height is Mayweather?
Despite Hearn claiming Joshua would weigh around 235–240 pounds, he officially weighed a career-heavy 254 pounds, while Takam came in a 235 pounds. On fight night, in front of nearly 80,000 fans in attendance, Joshua retained his world titles with what many believed was a premature stoppage in round ten.
What is the best division in boxing?
With the talent available to create a potential golden era for boxing, lightweight takes top place as boxing’s best division.
Who has the most division titles in boxing?
Manny Pacquiao is the only boxer in history to have won twelve major world titles in eight different weight divisions. Pacquiao achieved the feat when he defeated Antonio Margarito via a unanimous decision to win the WBC super welterweight title on November 13, 2010 at the Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas, USA.
What weight is Canelo?
Alvarez, ESPN’s No. 1 pound-for-pound boxer, became undisputed champion at 168 pounds earlier this month with an 11th-round TKO of Caleb Plant. A win over Makabu would make Canelo (57-1-2, 39 KOs) a five-division champion.