|Middleweight||154–160 lbs (69.85 – 72.57 kg)|
|Welterweight||140–147 lbs (63.50 – 66.67 kg)|
|Lightweight||130–135 lbs (58.96 – 61.23 kg)|
|Featherweight||122–126 lbs (55.33 – 57.15 kg)|
What are the 17 weight classes in boxing?
In Olympic-style amateur boxing the weight divisions for men are:
- light flyweight, not more than 108 pounds (49 kg)
- flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
- bantamweight, 123 pounds (56 kg)
- lightweight, 132 pounds (60 kg)
- light welterweight, 141 pounds (64 kg)
- welterweight, 152 pounds (69 kg)
- middleweight, 165 pounds (75 kg)
How many boxing divisions are there?
Designed to limit the number of mismatches between opponents of different sizes, over the years the number of weight classes has grown from the original eight divisions (flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight, lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, junior middleweight and heavyweight) to the 17 divisions used today.
What is the hardest boxing weight class?
These are the five most competitive weight divisions in boxing.
- Welterweight. 1 of 5. The welterweight division is top to bottom the deepest in the sport.
- Junior Welterweight. 2 of 5.
- Featherweight. 3 of 5.
- Junior Lightweight. 4 of 5.
- Junior Middleweight. 5 of 5.
What belts did Roy Jones Jr hold?
Roy Jones Jr. is the only boxer in history to start his career as a junior middleweight, and go on to win a heavyweight title. He is also noted for holding the WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO, NABF, WBF, and IBA light heavyweight championships; a record seven belts at the same time.
How heavy is Anthony Joshua?
Despite Hearn claiming Joshua would weigh around 235–240 pounds, he officially weighed a career-heavy 254 pounds, while Takam came in a 235 pounds. On fight night, in front of nearly 80,000 fans in attendance, Joshua retained his world titles with what many believed was a premature stoppage in round ten.
What weight is Canelo Alvarez?
The maximum weight for a super middleweight is 168 pounds. Canelo weighed in at 167.4 pounds for his last fight, against Billy Joe Saunders. Plant weighed in at 167.6 pounds for his last fight, against Caleb Truax. We’ll drop in full results once the weigh-in wraps Friday afternoon.
What weight class is 190 in boxing?
Cruiserweight. First established in 1979 by the WBC with a limit of 190 lbs to fit smaller heavyweight fighters who couldn’t compete with the growing size of the other boxers in the division. The first sanctioned cruiserweight champion fight was between Mate Parlov and Marvin Camel for the new WBC Cruiserweight belt.
What weight was Muhammad Ali?
With the talent available to create a potential golden era for boxing, lightweight takes top place as boxing’s best division.
Which weight class is the most competitive?
1. Super Welterweight. The super welterweight division would rank high on this list even if Saul Alvarez had opted to move up to middleweight this year. But with Canelo sticking around and claiming the WBO strap earlier this month, 154 pounds has to be viewed as the most competitive weight class in the sport.
Who is the number 1 ranked boxer in the world?
1. Canelo Alvarez. There is no fighter in boxing with the star power or a resume that compares to Canelo Alvarez. He is not only number one boxer in the world today, he is making a case for being the greatest Mexican fighter in boxing history.