- Draw two circles to the size needed on the fabric, centering the pattern motif.
- Sew together bias strips and cover welt cord.
- Finish off the welt cord where it meets, trimming the cord off even and folding under cut edges.
- Continue glue basting the cord to the other piece.
How do you make a round cushion with a zip?
- Cut the strip segment in half length-wise.
- Line up the outside edges of one half to the zipper, right sides together. Using a zipper foot, sew zipper to the first half.
- Lay the second fabric half on top, aligning with the other edge of the zipper, right sides together. Sew another seam.
How do you make a round seat cushion?
Sew around the entire circle using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Now it’s time to measure where your ties will go. I cut out (2) two inch x 24 inch strips.
- Fold the ends in and iron for a finished look.
- Fold the bottom to the middle and iron. Repeat on top.
- Fold the whole thing in half lengthwise and iron.
- Sew together.
How do you measure a round cushion?
To determine if your furniture’s seat is a perfect circle, measure the diameter from front to back and from left to right. If the measurements are the same both ways, the stool or chair is considered round. If these measurements don’t match, you will need to make a template.
How do you cover a round foam cushion?
Instructions for Covering a Foam Cushion With Fabric
- Measure and Cut the Fabric. Wrap a fabric tape measure around the perimeter of the form from one side all around the form and back to the starting point.
- Sew the Basic Cover.
- Complete a Knife-Edge Cushion Cover.
- Complete a Box-Edge Cushion Cover.